Soy Wax vs Other Types of Waxes
At Candlelix, our candles are made from 100% natural soy wax that is sourced from American farmers. Here are some reasons why soy wax is better than other, more traditional candle waxes.
- They’re natural - Most industrial/ mass-manufactured candles are made with paraffin wax, which is a gasoline by-product. Our soy wax candles are made from vegetable oil (more specifically, soybean oil), which is much more environmentally-friendly. Burning soy-wax candles, means that instead of releasing carbon dioxide into the air like paraffin candles do, your candles are emitting natural scents from essential oils.
- Soy is Clean - Paraffin candles release soot, a solid particle from burning a petroleum-based fuel. Soy-based candles are free from this petro-soot, preventing the staining of your walls and carpet, as well as maintaining the aesthetic of a clean candle.
- It Lasts Longer - Soy-based candles last twice as long as paraffin candles. Even though soy candles are more expensive than paraffin candles, they are still more affordable than beeswax candles, which are another natural alternative to paraffin candles. You’ll be getting the most bang for your buck!
- Biodegradable & Organic - Soy-based candles are biodegradable, meaning they are capable of being decomposed. In contrast to paraffin candles, soy is a smarter choice because it’s renewable. Our soy wax is produced by American farmers, so you’re not only getting a beautifully scented candle, but you’re also giving back to the community.
- Safe for You & Your Family - Soy wax has a lower melting point, which decreases the risk of burns. If you are pregnant or have children & pets, it is especially important to purchase a soy-based wax instead of a paraffin one because of the toxins that paraffin candles release.